There’s not a whole lot to complain about with an iPad, but here are some of the items on my list:
- iOS notifications banner overlays the top of my app content (with no quick way to immediately dismiss it)
- iTunes on my computer lets me listen to my music or buy new music. iTunes on my iPad only does one. Perhaps better named “iTunes Store” or simply combined with the App Store program.
- Some APIs that would be nice to have are missing. On my Android devices, I can “share” items with a whole host of installed programs, making it easy to upload to Dropbox, add something to Pocket or Readability, send to Evernote, etc.
- Apple’s decided that the competition doesn’t exist, so I have to spend more time while typing. For example, right now my iPad corrects the capitalization of the following words: iPad, iPhone, App Store, iTunes, iPod, iAds, MacBook Pro, Dropbox, Facebook, iTunes Store, Evernote, etc. Missing are: google, android, etc. (My Android phone doesn’t seem to go out of its way to ignore what else is out there: iPad, iPhone, app store, iTunes, iads, MacBook pro, dropbox, Facebook, iTunes store, evernote, Google, Android)
- Walled garden: great in many ways, but stinks in others, too. No alternative app stores for on-device competition, no ability to save MP3s from the web/others’ apps and be able to play them in the music app, etc.